Iyappan Engineering Industries Pvt Ltd (IEIPL): Our Goal Is Self Reliance
Sub Title : Achieving excellence in engineering
Issues Details : Vol 16 Issue 1 Mar – Apr 2022
Author : Iyappan Engineering Industries Pvt Ltd
Page No. : 52
Category : Military Technology
: April 2, 2022
Iyappan Engineering Industries Pvt Ltd manufacture import substitution products for power plants and the defence sector and are totally committed to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by providing products & services that meet customer requirements in quality, cost and delivery timelines
Iyappan Engineering Industries Pvt Ltd (IEIPL) is a five decade old manufacturing company in Chennai. They have been manufacturing import substitution products for power plants and defence sector, specialising in precision hydraulic assemblies and electromechanical components. Appreciating the requirements of the modern industrial eco system the company has transformed into a process driven entity from a typical family owned MSME. The company is driven by passion for import substitution and this has helped the company to develop a name for itself due to the quality of its products. The company is also poised for the aerospace industry with an AS9100 D certification.
The company has the ability & capacity to manufacture components/assemblies based on drawings or by reverse engineering. A great emphasis is laid on the quality of the products. Accordingly, the Quality Control Department is equipped with high end testing equipment like CMM, Profile Projector etc and a hydraulic testing facility up to 600 bar & pneumatic testing facilities up to 200 bar.
The products manufactured for defence establishments are gun elevation hydraulics for T90 tanks, Pedestal X apar for naval guns, cylinder with valves, delivery pump & suction pumps for T72 tanks, gas valves for suspensions and loader fire safety device. For the K9 Vajra the company manufactures manual pump, hydraulic and mechanical assemblies and roller support assembly for tracks.
The company specialises in the following products.
- Hydraulic Block assemblies of size 300mm x 200mm x 200 mm& up to 600 bar pressure.
- Hydraulic Actuator assemblies up to 300mm bore diameter and stroke of 400mm length.
- Rotating cylinder assemblies with hydraulic rotating union up to 415mm diameter cylinder with a maximum stroke of 100mm.
- Servo mechanism hydraulic assemblies using electromagnetic principle.
- Pressure relief valves & pressure reducing valve assemblies up to 600 bar.
- Roller support assemblies with rubberization for defence tracked vehicles.
- Manufacturing of pistons & gear pumps up to 250 bar pressure.
- Any Electromechanical assemblies.
Prominent customers include Bharat Heavy Electricals, NTPC, State Electricity Boards, Adani, L&T Defence, Heavy Vehicles Factory, Bharat Electronics Ltd, Ordnance factories and CVRDE.
The team has an experienced and well educated management. With their combined rich experience they are ever willing to work on ‘Make in India’ projects.
- Mr.Rajamanickam – Managing Director and CIT alumni.
- Mr. T.Palaniappan -Director Operations is an alumnus of Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering.
- Mrs. Uma Meiyappan- Director Commercials is a BITS Pilani alumni.
Mrs. Uma Meiyappan takes pride in saying that “Iyappan Engineering as an MSME wants to contribute towards making ‘MSME in India’ a global brand. We strongly believe that only an “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” can make a “Shrestra Bharat” JAI HIND.